Who is who? [RE-wrenches]

Ron Macleod microhydro at dplus.net
Thu Nov 25 08:26:08 PST 1999

Hello All-
    I like Clive's approach to the Wrench list - Richard had good ideas
too - I'm a little concerned about the  potential e-mail volume; so lets
limit things to bone fide Wrenches and dealers (Good) - Maybe if the
list Nanny (Michael) can devote the time - he could filter questions
from regular folks and then pose them to the group where appropriate. A
big job I admit - maybe HP could do that - a new Q&A column? "Ask The
Wrenches"

Yo we have to avoid a mutual admiration society here.

Anyway - Last month I suggested to Michael - that we all introduce
ourselves and our specialties - You guys may know each other - I'm not
sure -but I don't know most of you and I'd like to. Michael suggested
the intro was a good idea but I should wait 'til things got started -
well they're started. I think as new members come on board they should
do the same.

 So here goes - pick a format - who cares

Name: Cameron MacLeod 111
Company:  C. MacLeod & Co.
Company Desc. Manufacturer of Micro Low Head Turbine Gen. Sets -
Consulting
Position: Owner - etc. - etc. - etc.
Experience: 22 Years - hands on in Small and Micro Hydro
Location : 2131 Harmonyville Rd., Pottstown, Pa  19465 , USA
E-Mail microhydro at dplus.net
Age: OLD
Life Goal : Make a more consistent living from RE and create more than I
destroy.

Comments: I've been around a while - working mostly in the Northeast
with a few trips overseas. I have a strong background in ultra low head
reaction turbine work ( see HP#23)- some experience with Pelton and
Turgo wheels and waterwheels. Electrical wrenching has been mostly
conventional Ac and a lot of High Voltage (110-220 volt) DC. Pretty good
at electro-mechanical stuff and control design. I'm pretty
electronically illiterate, but I'm working at it . Battery experience is
Lead acid - wet cell NiCad and Nickel Iron. Inverter experience - some
but I need More. My current obsession is to manufacture an ultra low
head reaction battery charger that folks can afford. I'm almost there!

So Guys - I don't know about you yet - I'd like to - Please go for it -
no more anonymity!

Best - Ron

To send a message to the list use: <RE-wrenches at topica.com>

To view an archive of previous messages go to: <http://www.topica.com/lists/RE-wrenches/