SW4024 question [RE-wrenches]

Richard Perez, Home Power magazine richard.perez at homepower.com
Wed Nov 24 16:54:11 PST 1999

<x-flowed>Hello Wilson

You are not alone. Others are having exactly the same problem with
the SW series in sell mode. It seems that the software is not up to
the job of balancing both utility-intertie and battery maintenance.
Currently, as far as I know, there is no real fix for this. With the
current software, you must manually choose between SELL and LBX modes.

Joe Schwartz and Michael Welch of Home Power are working on an
article about this. They are in contact with Trace (Christopher
Freitas) and various Wrenches concerning this.

I'm also sending this message to the RE Wrench mail group. Perhaps
there is someone who has solved this problem.

Wrenches, please respond to both the Wrench Group and to Wilson
<DosBobos at aol.com> on this message.

Richard
Home Power

>Hi there,
>     Please help...  My system consists of a Trace SW4024 inverter, a PC250
>charge controller and 16 (each), L-16 batteries wired series/parallel for
>24VDC.  I am grid-tied (net-metered and selling) to the local utility and
>enjoy watching my meter spin backwards.
>     I would like to configure my system to sell power to the utility
>(inverted from my panels' production when the sun shines or my batteries,
>otherwise).  When my batteries need charging, I would like to use the sun to
>recharge them.  The manual doesn't do a great job explaining how this might
>be done, nor is it clear that the inverter/software will allow this to happen.
>     I think I'm missing something obvious or that I'm not configuring my
>inverter correctly.  Is this something that is easy to provide (a software
>tweak)?  My phone call(s) to Trace don't seem to answer my question unless
>I'm willing to manually switch between SELL and LBX modes on the inverter.
>Please help...
>Thanks,
>Wilson Reynolds
>"dosbobos at aol.com"