<div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr">Answering the question, for the archives:</div><div dir="ltr"><br></div><div dir="ltr">Google &quot;AI&quot; found me a phone number 219-734-5500 which got me to a live Fronius tech support person in well less than a minute. This number doesn&#39;t appear to be on their website. Tech support definitively answered that no neutral is required and that is perfectly fine to configure the inverter for &quot;delta&quot; when connected to wye without a neutral present. She said there is no downside to it. She did say that a neutral is required for the 480 volt Symo inverters.</div><div dir="ltr"><br></div><div dir="ltr">Electrically this all is as I expected. This saves well over a thousand dollars of conduit and conductor.</div><div dir="ltr"><br></div><div dir="ltr"><br clear="all"><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr"><div>-James Jefferson Jarvis<br>APRS World, LLC<br>+1-507-454-2727<br></div><a href="http://www.aprsworld.com/" target="_blank">http://www.aprsworld.com/</a><br></div></div></div><br></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Tue, Nov 5, 2024 at 8:47\u202fAM James Jarvis &lt;<a href="mailto:jj@aprsworld.com">jj@aprsworld.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr">Hi Group,<div><br></div><div>We have an install with four Fronius Symo 10.0-3 inverters connected to a 208V WYE building hundreds of feet away.  While the building has a neutral, I would like to avoid sending the neutral out to the inverters as it is a waste of materials. More wire, bigger conduit, neutral kits in disconnects, etc.</div><div><br></div><div>The Symo manual indicates that there is a wye grid configuration with three phase and a neutral. And there is a delta configuration with three phase only. Both appear as though they can be set to 208V</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>I can&#39;t see any reason why I can&#39;t program the inverters at Delta and not have a neutral. Am I missing anything? I tried inquiring with Fronius, but it&#39;s a process and the conduit has to go into the ground today.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks wrenches!</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr"><div>-James Jefferson Jarvis<br>APRS World, LLC<br>+1-507-454-2727<br></div><a href="http://www.aprsworld.com/" target="_blank">http://www.aprsworld.com/</a><br></div></div></div></div></div>
</blockquote></div></div>