<div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr">The issue I&#39;m having with EG4 specifically and Signature Solar in general is a scattershot approach to UL and NRTL listings. Those listings may not be important to various DIY folks of varying levels of &quot;git-er-done,&quot; but listings are critical for my business. Some products they sell are Listed per NEC, some are not, and some EG4 are listed, some are not. I recently contacted Signature Solar regarding their EG4 rack mount ESS modules and did not receive a satisfactory response, unfortunately a new off-grid client had already purchased an entire rack of them before consulting with me. Our county AHJ is very strict. I can&#39;t risk recommending or installing a system that would fail inspection. Here in Colorado they often even cross check the altitude ratings on all inverters. (sorry Schneider XW-Pro that I like so much, limit on your spec sheet is 2000m altitude)</div><div dir="ltr"><br></div><div dir="ltr">Signature Solar provided the usual NRTL stamp for UL 1741SA etc etc on the EG4 rack batteries, then also a UL 9540A testing certificate that they said should be sufficient, and it disturbed me that they did not seem to understand that UL 9540A is NOT a listing - it&#39;s a fire-resistance test that an ESS manufacturer can use as a document to help obtain their actual UL9540 listing, and also gain exemptions to spacing and other requirements....but from my understanding it&#39;s NOT an actual UL or NRTL listing to UL 9540. When I inquired about that, Signature Solar stopped communicating with me.</div><div dir="ltr"><br></div><div dir="ltr">I&#39;m pretty sure my understanding of UL 9540 listing vs. 9540A testing is correct, but I would appreciate any input before again gently confronting both AHJs and manufacturers. </div><div dir="ltr"><br clear="all"><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:0px;font-stretch:inherit;font-size:12pt;line-height:inherit;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,serif,EmojiFont;vertical-align:baseline;color:rgb(0,0,0)"><span style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:0px;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-stretch:inherit;font-size:12.8px;line-height:inherit;font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,serif,EmojiFont;vertical-align:baseline;color:rgb(34,34,34)">Dan Fink</span></div><div style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:0px;font-stretch:inherit;font-size:12pt;line-height:inherit;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,serif,EmojiFont;vertical-align:baseline;color:rgb(0,0,0)"><div style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:0px;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-stretch:inherit;font-size:12.8px;line-height:inherit;font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,serif,EmojiFont;vertical-align:baseline;color:rgb(34,34,34)"><span style="font-size:12.8px">Owner, Buckville Energy Consulting LLC</span></div><div style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:0px;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-stretch:inherit;font-size:12.8px;line-height:inherit;font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,serif,EmojiFont;vertical-align:baseline;color:rgb(34,34,34)"><span style="font-size:12.8px">IREC Certified Instructor for PV and Small Wind Installation</span></div><div style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:0px;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-stretch:inherit;font-size:12.8px;line-height:inherit;font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,serif,EmojiFont;vertical-align:baseline;color:rgb(34,34,34)"><span style="font-size:12.8px">NABCEP Certified PV System Inspector</span></div><div style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:0px;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-stretch:inherit;font-size:12.8px;line-height:inherit;font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,serif,EmojiFont;vertical-align:baseline;color:rgb(34,34,34)">NABCEP PV Associate</div><div style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:0px;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-stretch:inherit;font-size:12.8px;line-height:inherit;font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,serif,EmojiFont;vertical-align:baseline;color:rgb(34,34,34)"><a href="mailto:dan.fink@greendustrialtraining.com" target="_blank">d</a><a href="mailto:anbob88@gmail.com" target="_blank">anbob88@gmail.com</a></div><div style="margin:0px;padding:0px;border:0px;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-stretch:inherit;font-size:12.8px;line-height:inherit;font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif,serif,EmojiFont;vertical-align:baseline;color:rgb(34,34,34)">970-672-4342</div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div><div class="gmail_quote"><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div></div>