<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" ><tr><td valign="top" style="font: inherit;"><DIV>Hi William, The PV side has to be ungrounded. the inverter provides GFDI. &nbsp;The AC side is as normal.&nbsp; If one is installed both of the DC side conductors have to be disconnected at the same time.&nbsp; If one of the&nbsp;DC conductors becomes grounded it will blow the AC side OCPD.&nbsp; There is a large&nbsp;AC signal on the DC side. </DIV>
<DIV>Darryl&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR><BR>--- On <B>Tue, 9/28/10, William Miller <I>&lt;william@millersolar.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(16,16,255) 2px solid"><BR>From: William Miller &lt;william@millersolar.com&gt;<BR>Subject: [RE-wrenches] Tranformless inverter<BR>To: "RE-wrenches" &lt;re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org&gt;<BR>Date: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 11:52 PM<BR><BR>
<DIV id=yiv1921705825>Wrenches:<BR><BR>I received an advertisement from a distributor that SMA is now shipping 8, 9 and 10 KW transformerless inverters.&nbsp; Don't these require double insulated PV wiring and no connection&nbsp; to ground on the AC side? It's been too long since this subject last crossed my desk and I want to refresh my memory on the specifics.<BR><BR>William Miller<BR><BR><BR>
<DIV><FONT size=3><U>Please note new e-mail address and domain:<BR><BR></U>William Miller <BR>Miller Solar<BR>Voice :805-438-5600<BR>email: william@millersolar.com<BR><A href="http://millersolar.com/" target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://millersolar.com<BR></A>License No. C-10-773985<BR></FONT></DIV></DIV><BR>-----Inline Attachment Follows-----<BR><BR>
<DIV class=plainMail>_______________________________________________<BR>List sponsored by Home Power magazine<BR><BR>List Address: <A href="http://us.mc519.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org" ymailto="mailto:RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org">RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org</A><BR><BR>Options &amp; settings:<BR><A href="http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org" target=_blank>http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org</A><BR><BR>List-Archive: <A href="http://lists.re-wrenches.org/pipermail/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org" target=_blank>http://lists.re-wrenches.org/pipermail/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org</A><BR><BR>List rules &amp; etiquette:<BR>www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm<BR><BR>Check out participant bios:<BR>www.members.re-wrenches.org<BR><BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></td></tr></table><br>