<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0" ><tr><td valign="top" style="font: inherit;"><DIV>In Minnesota we have had three falls from roofs that I know of.&nbsp; All three of these falls have had serious results.&nbsp; All life changing for the worker.&nbsp; Months in the hospital, to walking problems, hand and arm problems and brain injuries. &nbsp; Two were&nbsp; no ladder tie off&nbsp;issues and the third triped&nbsp;and&nbsp;not tied off fell two stories.&nbsp; I have offered a roof safety course twice now and intend to do it again, but I have a hard time convincing venues and other powers to give me the support that I feel this deserves.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>Good people doing good work should be able to have good lives. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Darryl&nbsp;&nbsp;<BR><BR>--- On <B>Thu, 9/23/10, Marco Mangelsdorf <I>&lt;marco@pvthawaii.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: rgb(16,16,255) 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px"><BR>From: Marco Mangelsdorf &lt;marco@pvthawaii.com&gt;<BR>Subject: [RE-wrenches] deadly fall off of roof<BR>To: "'RE-wrenches'" &lt;re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org&gt;<BR>Date: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 9:08 PM<BR><BR>
<DIV id=yiv1816302154>
<STYLE>
<!--
#yiv1816302154  
 _filtered #yiv1816302154 {font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
 _filtered #yiv1816302154 {font-family:Tahoma;panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
#yiv1816302154  
#yiv1816302154 p.yiv1816302154MsoNormal, #yiv1816302154 li.yiv1816302154MsoNormal, #yiv1816302154 div.yiv1816302154MsoNormal
        {margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"sans-serif";}
#yiv1816302154 a:link, #yiv1816302154 span.yiv1816302154MsoHyperlink
        {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}
#yiv1816302154 a:visited, #yiv1816302154 span.yiv1816302154MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;}
#yiv1816302154 p.yiv1816302154MsoAcetate, #yiv1816302154 li.yiv1816302154MsoAcetate, #yiv1816302154 div.yiv1816302154MsoAcetate
        {margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:8.0pt;font-family:"sans-serif";}
#yiv1816302154 span.yiv1816302154EmailStyle17
        {font-family:"sans-serif";color:windowtext;}
#yiv1816302154 span.yiv1816302154BalloonTextChar
        {font-family:"sans-serif";}
#yiv1816302154 .yiv1816302154MsoChpDefault
        {}
 _filtered #yiv1816302154 {margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
#yiv1816302154 div.yiv1816302154Section1
        {}
-->
</STYLE>

<DIV class=yiv1816302154Section1>
<P class=yiv1816302154MsoNormal>A 30-year-old PV installer fell to his death back in April at job site in CA.&nbsp; He backed off of a roof accidentally and was not wearing any fall protection.</DIV>
<P class=yiv1816302154MsoNormal>&nbsp;</DIV>
<P class=yiv1816302154MsoNormal>I have the official report of the accident, but the \u201cmulti-state full-service solar provider\u201d that has \u201capproximately 650 employees\u201d was not identified.</DIV>
<P class=yiv1816302154MsoNormal>&nbsp;</DIV>
<P class=yiv1816302154MsoNormal>Anyone know which company this was?</DIV>
<P class=yiv1816302154MsoNormal>&nbsp;</DIV>
<P class=yiv1816302154MsoNormal>Thanks,</DIV>
<P class=yiv1816302154MsoNormal>marco</DIV>
<P class=yiv1816302154MsoNormal>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV><BR>-----Inline Attachment Follows-----<BR><BR>
<DIV class=plainMail>_______________________________________________<BR>List sponsored by Home Power magazine<BR><BR>List Address: <A href="http://us.mc519.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org" ymailto="mailto:RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org">RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org</A><BR><BR>Options &amp; settings:<BR><A href="http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org" target=_blank>http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org</A><BR><BR>List-Archive: <A href="http://lists.re-wrenches.org/pipermail/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org" target=_blank>http://lists.re-wrenches.org/pipermail/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org</A><BR><BR>List rules &amp; etiquette:<BR>www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm<BR><BR>Check out participant bios:<BR>www.members.re-wrenches.org<BR><BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></td></tr></table><br>