<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML xmlns:w><HEAD>
<META content="text/html; charset=US-ASCII" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META name=GENERATOR content="MSHTML 8.00.6001.18904"></HEAD>
<BODY style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: #000000; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" id=role_body  bottomMargin=7 leftMargin=7 rightMargin=7 topMargin=7><FONT id=role_document  color=#000000 size=2 face=Arial>
<DIV>&nbsp; 
<DIV>Allan:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Things may have changed since we used them (or rather, vice versa).&nbsp; 
This outfit is certainly ramping up their advertising media dollars.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My advice would be </DIV>
<DIV>1) Make sure you do not mind having to cancel the credit card you give them 
(you may want to terminate service later);</DIV>
<DIV>2) Get and&nbsp;READ their lead return policy.... become a speed demon when 
returning leads.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Along with the occasional solar lead, you may be receiving names of people 
who want to do anything&nbsp;for their home from re-roofing to installing double 
pane windows on the doghouse. And get used to seeing the same contractors 
bidding against you on any of their referrals.&nbsp; SunPower has recently 
engaged their services on a trial basis but we are loathe to give them a credit 
card number.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The only magic for us was&nbsp;how they made our dollars disappear....but 
things may be different now.&nbsp; Calfinder is cut from the same cloth - quite 
literally.&nbsp; If I ever hear anything differently on these people in the 
future, I'll let you know.&nbsp; If you do go ahead with their service, let us 
know how it goes.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3>Patrick A. Redgate</FONT><FONT lang=0 color=#000000 size=2  face=Arial FAMILY="SANSSERIF" PTSIZE="10"><BR><B><I>AMECO Solar, Inc.<BR>Serving 
Solar California<BR>Since 1974<BR>7623 Somerset, Blvd.<BR>Paramount, CA 
90723<BR>562-633-4400<BR></B></I><A title=http://www.solarexpert.com/  href="http://www.solarexpert.com/"><FONT  color=#810081>www.solarexpert.com</FONT></A><U><BR><A  title=http://www.amecosolar.com/  href="http://www.amecosolar.com/">www.amecosolar.com</A><BR></U></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" color=#000000 size=2  face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><A  title=http://www.positiveenergysolar.com/  href="http://www.positiveenergysolar.com/"  target=_blank></A></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 4/20/2010 10:50:31 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, 
ray@solarray.com writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px; MARGIN-LEFT: 10px"><FONT    style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" color=#000000 size=2 face=Arial>Once you 
  sign up, they start charging you, even for bogus leads. You never get your 
  money back, just credit (if you're lucky) to get more bogus leads. 
  <DIV>Also, they waste a lot of your time with different sales reps calling 
  you, but never talking to each other, their internal communication is 
  zilch.</DIV>
  <DIV>Here's a quick breakdown of our experience:</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>cash out of pocket:&nbsp;<SPAN style="WHITE-SPACE: pre"    class=Apple-tab-span> </SPAN>around $40</DIV>
  <DIV>time talking to reps, paperwork: &nbsp;<SPAN style="WHITE-SPACE: pre"    class=Apple-tab-span> </SPAN>20hrs</DIV>
  <DIV>Leads generated: <SPAN style="WHITE-SPACE: pre"    class=Apple-tab-span></SPAN>a Renter wanting more information on"that solar 
  stuff", who was about an hour away.</DIV>
  <DIV>Aggravation in dealing with a company that really seems to be 
  unscrupulous:&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN style="WHITE-SPACE: pre"    class=Apple-tab-span></SPAN>Priceless.</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>I was already suspicious before the first lead, but decided to 
  see.&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>As soon as&nbsp;I saw they had zero filtering of the leads,&nbsp;I 
  immediately moved to dump them, which took weeks, BTW.</DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV><BR class=webkit-block-placeholder></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN    style="WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; TEXT-INDENT: 0px; BORDER-SPACING: 0px 0px; BORDER-COLLAPSE: separate; FONT: 12px Helvetica; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -khtml-text-decorations-in-effect: none; -apple-text-size-adjust: auto"    class=Apple-style-span>
  <DIV>R. Walters</DIV>
  <DIV><A title=mailto:ray@solarray.com    href="mailto:ray@solarray.com">ray@solarray.com</A></DIV>
  <DIV>Solar Engineer</DIV>
  <DIV><BR class=khtml-block-placeholder></DIV>
  <DIV><BR class=khtml-block-placeholder></DIV><BR    class=Apple-interchange-newline></SPAN></DIV><BR>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>On Apr 19, 2010, at 8:50 PM, Allan Sindelar wrote:</DIV><BR    class=Apple-interchange-newline>
  <BLOCKQUOTE type="cite">
    <DIV bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000">Wrenches,<BR>There was a thread last 
    year about Service Magic's lead generation "service". At that time, the 
    strongest message I heard was not to let them in, because their leads are 
    seldom good and you can't get rid of them. I don't think that I recall a 
    single positive review of them on this list.<BR><BR>Has anything changed 
    since then? What's the current story, please?<BR>Thanks,<BR>Allan<BR><BR>
    <DIV class=moz-signature>-- <BR><LINK rel=File-List      href="x-msg://233/signature_files/filelist.xml"><xml>
 <w:latentstyles deflockedstate="false" latentstylecount="156">
 </w:latentstyles>
</xml>
    <STYLE>
<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
    {mso-style-parent:"";
    margin:0in;
    margin-bottom:.0001pt;
    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
    font-size:12.0pt;
    font-family:"Times New Roman";
    mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
    color:black;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
    {color:blue;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
    {color:blue;}
<a href="http://span.il">span.il</a>
    {mso-style-name:il;}
@page Section1
    {size:8.5in 11.0in;
    margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;
    mso-header-margin:.5in;
    mso-footer-margin:.5in;
    mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
    {page:Section1;}
-->
</STYLE>

    <DIV class=Section1>
    <P class=MsoNormal><SPAN class=il><B>Allan</B></SPAN><B> Sindelar</B><SPAN      style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><BR><A title=mailto:Allan@positiveenergysolar.com      href="mailto:Allan@positiveenergysolar.com" target=_blank><SPAN      class=il>Allan</SPAN>@positiveenergysolar.com</A><BR>NABCEP Certified 
    Photovoltaic Installer<BR>EE98J Journeyman Electrician<BR><B>Positive 
    Energy, Inc.</B><BR>3201 Calle Marie<BR>Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507<BR><B>505 
    424-1112</B><BR><A title=http://www.positiveenergysolar.com/      href="http://www.positiveenergysolar.com/"      target=_blank>www.positiveenergysolar.com</A></SPAN></P></DIV></DIV></DIV><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></DIV><BR><BR></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>