[RE-wrenches] 120 Vac and 12Vdc mixed distribution system

John Blittersdorf john.blittersdorf at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 05:46:34 PDT 2024

Shifting the small off grid thread a little, I'm trying to find replacement
wind turbines for the Bergey XL.1 in the 1-2 kw range that is quiet and the
blades don't blow off.
Bergey is suggesting Bornay 1kw.  Does anyone have first hand
knowledge about this turbine or the manufacturer.  I am interested in
performance, sourcing etc. After having to sell my Pika T701 to a
customer i have tried cheap ($1000) chinese that turned out to be a 300
watt turbine and didn't last a year before the hub casting broke and the
blade and turbine landed 200' from the tower in pieces.

John Blittersdorf
CV Wind Service

On Fri, Apr 26, 2024 at 11:33 PM Dan Fink via RE-wrenches <