[RE-wrenches] speaking of batteries

Howie Michaelson Howie.Michaelson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 20:51:13 PDT 2024

I had the same experience as Jay as far as being marketed three idea that
managed lithium batteries can jane several year age differences and still
play well together, only to be told, after telling my clients the same,
that most manufacturers don't recommend more than a year age differential
(although apparently a few say mix and match till your heart's content).
They also recommend keeping them in open loop, I think mostly because of
all the firmware updating that is happening on both the battery and
inverter side which causes continual incompatibility issues.
Disappointing, to say the least.

Fortunately, I have yet to see any Fortress BMS failures.

Howie
Sun Catcher

On Tue, Apr 23, 2024, 10:37 PM Darryl Thayer via RE-wrenches <