[RE-wrenches] PV/Charge Controller Troubleshoot Help

Jim Gowdy gowdyelectriccambria at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 07:27:35 PDT 2024

Thanks for the input.  The battery is a 48v set up and without having the generator backup the voltage is starting to get to 46v and below.  I hope I didn’t make a mistake, but I did a quick calc thinking about the input limits of the CC and got 2400w based on the solar panel nameplate which seems to be within its limit, but just above 3000w based on my readings which is right above its limit. Some notes about the solar array is  4 strings of 4 panels and panels in each string are wired in series   The solar panel nameplate PMax is 150w, Voc is 22.7v, Isc is 8.33a.   I’ll look into the reset option and defective fan issue.  I assume I’ll need to replace the CC, and I will upgrade to an 80 which seems like a better option. Thanks for the advise
Sent from my iPhone