[RE-wrenches] Off-grid array far, far from the batteries

chris at OasisMontana.com chris at OasisMontana.com
Wed Apr 10 09:40:03 PDT 2024

The crazy things folks do.  Dear people:  We have a fellow who has an
initial off-grid array with a Radian 8048A (and related e-panel, etc.) and
six 410W Canadian solar modules.  He has six more of the same modules.but
the ideal site for solar is 900 feet away from his batteries and the rest of
the system.  Yeah, good planning, right?

In terms of getting AC power out of his 'new' 6X array, Enphase won't work
since he doesn't have an Enphase system.  We're looking at perhaps SMA or
Chilcon (so the size of the wire run won't be so astronomical).  Any
suggestions?

Best,

Chris Daum
Oasis Montana Inc.