[RE-wrenches] Plaques

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Sat Mar 30 14:26:50 PDT 2024

Lou:

I tried this with my little, cheap shapeoko CNC router. It can be done but
it kind of became more of a hobby than I wanted.  Your bed has to be dead
nuts flat, much more so than through-cutting parts (like interlock plates,
for example).  Holding the material tight to the bed really requires a
vacuum bed. You need the software and a spare computer you don’t mind
getting dusty. I spoiled three for every one successfully completed. Maybe
I gave up too soon. Maybe I had the wrong approach.

I suppose you-tube might give you some insight. Have you checked there?
Sorry my experience is so limited.

PV Labels is so darn quick and good and reasonable I could not justify
carrying on with making my own.

William Miller
Miller Solar.com
805-438-5600
www.millersolar.com

On Sat, Mar 30, 2024 at 1:52 PM Christopher Warfel via RE-wrenches <