[RE-wrenches] Minimum bus size, new requirements

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Thu Mar 28 22:10:43 PDT 2024

Lloyd:

Thank you so much for forwarding these links.  This should have been on my
radar.  You saved me some time searching this out.  For those who may not
be totally up-to-speed on these regulations, they make some interesting
reading.

Some will undoubtedly call them burdensome, but it in my opinion many of
the concepts are well-founded.  For example, I have been known to whine
when roof area is not available for solar panels.  This is addressed.  I
have also been pretty pathetic when breaker space is not available for
back-feed,  This too is addressed.  Segregated, essential load panel?  It’s
in there.  There are a lot of provisions that will make it easier to do our
jobs.

Reading through this mandate may raise hackles for some who do not like to
be told how to do their jobs.  We all know it is difficult to adapt to new
regulations.  Having just skimmed them, I like what is being laid down.

William

Miller Solar

17395 Oak Road, Atascadero, CA 93422

805-438-5600