[RE-wrenches] Ballasted ground mounts

Dana Orzel dana at solarwork.com
Thu Mar 21 18:13:12 PDT 2024

I have had engineering done for 90 MPH/ 3 Sec microburst wind years ago for a similar wetland type of situation. We were using 6" concrete slabs poured in parallel to accommodate front & rear legs of the ground mount. 1 slab per front 7 rear set each.
The magic # was 18#of concrete per sqft of module to safely counteract the 90 MPH/ 3 Sec microburst uplift.
Please do not take my word for this; CYA & have your own engineering done but this worked well & is still in operation.

Note; I tried to apply this method in a different county in a wetland situation and was denied.

Dana Orzel - 2087217003 - 76dana58 at gmail.com