[RE-wrenches] Schneider CSW4048 / Lithium DD5300

Kevin Pegg kpegg at energyalternatives.ca
Wed Mar 6 11:35:16 PST 2024

Hello Wrenches,

Has anyone been able to get a CSW4048 inverter to work with battery type set to Lithium? When I try that it gives a F89 battery discharge over-current error within a few seconds. The battery is at 100% SoC and there was only the inverter idle loads present.

The CSW manual refers to document 976-0319-01-01 for specifics on Lithium. I have not been able to locate that document. Schneider tech support suggests try using custom battery setting, but it won't go lower than 56V when the battery specs request 55V max.

I specified the CSW4048 inverter for a Lithium installation not realizing until too late that the CSW doesn't actually offer closed-loop BMS integration. Using the Insight device it does interface to the BMS and allows the MPPT controllers to integrate for BMS derived SoC based charge control. Unclear if the BatLev gauge on the SCP will accurately display SoC values from the BMS.

Kevin