[RE-wrenches] Flooded Lead Calcium Batteries (was Re: Electrolyte level measurement)

Bradley Bassett bbassett2 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 29 08:54:47 PST 2024

The C&D flooded calcium alloy batteries are indeed a good choice for float
service backup batteries if flooded batteries are acceptable for the
installation. I've seen these and other similar batteries last far longer
than 20 years. Anyone remember the round AT&T cells?

I've always promoted the East Penn Unigy II AGM batteries for the same
reasons, except they are sealed instead of flooded.  They are also 20 year
batteries in float backup operation. They have extremely low self discharge
so maintain grid tie efficiency. They take up much less floor space than
the flooded versions, and don't require acid control or ventilation
measures.

Brad Bassett (ret.)

On Thu, Feb 29, 2024 at 6:32 AM Todd Cory via RE-wrenches <