[RE-wrenches] Electrolyte level measurement

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Wed Feb 28 11:39:26 PST 2024

Friends:

In spite of all of this talk about Li batteries, I still maintain a whole
lot of flooded cells.  I have always struggled with getting accurate
measurements of the electrolyte level.  Staring past a flashlight down into
a cell looking with one eye through scratched safety glasses, it is hard to
see just how high (or low) the level is.  I am cogitating on a few ideas to
make this easier and more accurate, but in the meantime, what are your
favorite tricks for this?

TIA

William

Miller Solar