[RE-wrenches] Fwd: Re: $300 + transmission fee!

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Sun Feb 25 10:21:50 PST 2024

Friends:

I am pondering a plan to prevent usage spikes. It would involve installing
a battery inverter that has true generator support. Connect the utility to
the generator input on the inverter and program the generator amps to just
below the threshold that incurs peak demand charges. If the load exceeds
that amount occasionally the inverter supplies the difference. The battery
is sized to sustain the shortfall for the expected duration.

The potential to save $300 a month provides a budget for the project.

William Miller
Miller Solar.com
805-438-5600
www.millersolar.com

On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 9:12 AM Drake Chamberlin via RE-wrenches <