[RE-wrenches] Non-battery string inverter options?

Glenn Burt Glenn.burt at glbcc.com
Fri Feb 23 04:09:30 PST 2024

Fronius.Solis-GlennSent from my 'smart'phone, so please excuse typos and spelling errors.------ Original message------From: William Miller via RE-wrenchesDate: Thu, Feb 22, 2024 6:56 PMTo: RE-wrenches;Cc: William Miller;Subject:[RE-wrenches] Non-battery string inverter options?Friends: Now that RSS is required on almost every installation, I am having trouble finding a plain old, non-battery, non-MLPE string inverter.  This is for a ground mount with the inverter mounted to the rack-- the only scenario I can imagine that does not require RSS.  I don’t need or want battery capability, now or in the future.  The project does not have shading issues and the inverter will be mounted on the array, so no version of MLPE is needed. My usual go-to would be the legacy SMA Sunny Boy series.  I can’t dine one for sale and I am getting the impression these are no longer available. What might you recommend for this new installation? This brings up the question:  Of all the Sunny Boy installations
 I  have out there, the next time one fails, what am I going to replace it with?   The new Sunny Boy Smarty-Pants series is not yet shipping, it is very expensive and to replace a grid-connected inverter I don’t need battery capabilities. I can’t use Solar Edge because I won’t want to unwire a complete array and add optimizers. I am not that taken with Sol-Ark, not only because it includes the word Arc in its name.  I don’t need the battery capabilities, AC load center or any of the other complexities. Any advice is appreciated. William Miller Solar17395 Oak Road, Atascadero, CA 93422805-438-5600www.millersolar.comCA Lic. 773985