[RE-wrenches] LG Battery charger instruction

david quattro david at quattrosolar.com
Tue Feb 20 10:32:40 PST 2024

Hi Tom,
  a few years ago I decided to buy my own LG battery charger because we
needed the damn thing so often. Now I only use it once or twice per year,
because I stopped installing LG batteries. Here is the instruction I have
which works on my charger (same charger as the LG-sanctioned :: the
manufacturer is VOLTEQ and the model # is HY20010EX)

On the battery itself, you need to pop the black (aesthetic-only) cover off
the top of the battery.  Under there are several 10mm fasteners that hold
down the actual watertight cover. Inside there are some fuses - if any of
these fuses are blown, LG told me that the battery is toast and LG needs to
take it back and rebuild it. But if your fuses are good then you can
determine the positive and negative leads by red and black conductors.

* The RESU10H battery should be charged at 152 Volts.

*Instructions for Using Volteq DC Power Supply to Charge Batteries*

   1. Make sure the "O.V. Set" knob (second knob from the left) is set to
   the maximum setting before you begin.
   2. Turn the AC power on using the air switch in the back.
   3. Enable the output by pushing the green button to 'IN' position.
   4. Turn the current knob (the leftmost knob) to slightly above minimum
   so that the CV light is on.
   5. Use the two knobs on the right to set the voltage to desired level
   recommended by the battery manufacturer.
   6. Connect the battery to the back terminals, make sure the polarity is
   correct: + to + and - to -.
   7. Turn the current knob to maximum, or the desired current recommended
   by battery manufacturer.
   8. Watch the charging progress, when the current is below 1A or 1/10 of
   the maximum charging current, it is probably time to stop. Make sure the AC
   power never goes offline during the charging process.
   9. Stop the output using the green button, disconnect the battery from
   the power supply, and then turn off the power supply.

--

David Quattro
CA License # 954020. C-10, C-46