[RE-wrenches] Fortress

Dave Tedeyan dave at sungineersolar.com
Thu Feb 15 07:02:56 PST 2024

I also have been having some issues with reported SOC through the Guardian
with Fortress. Fortress is generally responsive, although no one has
specifically addressed my concern yet. What I have seen with two recent
eFlex installations (replacing an existing battery bank on an off-grid
system) is that the reported SOC in the Guardian app for some batteries is
way lower than it should be. For example, one system is at 92%, 92%, 92%,
62%. Yet the lights on the batteries all indicate that they are in the
75-100% range. The other system is reporting 23%, 63%, 62%, 25%, 48%, and
again, all the LED's on the batteries are in sync. This has led one
customer to keep disconnecting the batteries and trying to charge just one
of them up and then fiddling with it until they are all back within a good
voltage range, when I am nearly certain that they are all the same voltage
even though they are reporting different SOC on the Guardian app only.

I am looking forward to when they have the website up and I can look at
historical data to see whether this battery is actually doing more work. I
suspect it is not, but then maybe I can get Fortress to look more closely
at it. And for all these batteries, the cables are exactly the same length
and going to a bus bar.

Has anyone else noticed this discrepancy between the guardian app and (what
I think is) reality with the SOC?

Cheers,
Dave

On Thu, Feb 15, 2024 at 8:52 AM Jay via RE-wrenches <

--
[image: Logo] <https://www.sungineersolar.com/>
Dave Tedeyan, P.E.