[RE-wrenches] State of Charge Meter for Sol-Ark

John Blittersdorf john.blittersdorf at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 06:25:00 PST 2024

Jason,
  I have found that the TriMetric meter is still somewhat useful and as
with lead acid batteries, still recommend not trusting the SOC.  My
trimetric with no setting changes is
still reading SOC about as unreliable as with lead acid but I use the
voltage readings combined with a printout of a graph of actual voltages
thru the range of full to LBCO
If you don't have data from this customers system, I suspect that a chart
from any similar sized LFP battery would be close enough. I have Fortress
eflex batteries and the Guardian
for remote monitoring of the batteries.  I use it a lot but my wife always
keeps a hawk eye on the Trimetric as we manually start our backup
generator.  The mid range voltages are
plus or minus 20% but at the low end start to change more quickly with
about a 3 hour window to start the generator before LBCO.

John Blittersdorf
offgridvermont.com

On Sun, Feb 4, 2024 at 10:30 AM Jason Szumlanski via RE-wrenches <