[RE-wrenches] Temperature coefficient versus Power

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Tue Jan 30 09:14:46 PST 2024

10+ years ago I thought that Sunpower Solar wrote the best info. Their
module technology was superior and the classic 327 module output was
amazing in high temperature and also in cloudy skies. They were the
first to have really good warranty for both workmanship and output over
time.

I have little to say about the current crop of modules.

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
    [1]https://offgridsolar1.com/ [2]  [1]
e-mail  offgridsolar at sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On 2024-01-30 6:02 am, Jason Szumlanski via RE-wrenches wrote:

> I'm having a hard time finding concrete information on the relationship
> of temperature coefficient and power output. Solar panel temperature
> coefficients are determined at Pmax.
>
> My question is, at lower irradiance levels, say where power output
> would be 50% of Pmax at 25C, would the temperature coefficient be
> greater, less, or the same?
>
> Jason Szumlanski
> Florida Solar Design Group

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try
> the other:
>
> List rules & etiquette:
>
> Check out or update participant bios:
> http://www.members.re-wrenches.org