[RE-wrenches] Metal Truss Roofs

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Mon Oct 30 07:41:24 PDT 2023

I agree that you can get impressive pull-out resistance from fasteners in
plywood decking only. Two brands that publish pull-out values are
OMG/Drill-Tec and Blazer. The #15 OMG screws are what we lean toward.

John Mansville also has a "High Load Fastener," but I think it's just a
rebranded OMG. It comes in #14, #15, and even #21. They have published
pull-out values that are really high. If you use a base plate with 4
fasteners with a 3x safety factor, you still get enormous pull-out values.

Jason Szumlanski
Principal Solar Designer | Florida Solar Design Group
NABCEP Certified Solar Professional (PVIP)
Florida State Certified Solar Contractor CVC56956

On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 2:06 PM August Goers via RE-wrenches <