[RE-wrenches] XW Drop in replacement inverter

Kevin Pegg kpegg at energyalternatives.ca
Wed Oct 25 16:16:18 PDT 2023

Dave,

My work is focused on remote, off-grid clients. With the XW6048, and XW+6048 it worked well. Gen 1 on AC1, Gen 2 on AC2. Set the AGS start settings a bit lower for second gen. Then if any issues with Gen1, Gen 2 would catch it and less urgent service calls to remote wherever to sort out. Whole lot simpler and cost savings for client as compared to external transfer switches and paired gensets.

With XWPro, AC1 is no longer available for generator as far as I can tell. I spent a lot of time with tech support on my first XWPro using same configs. They didn’t seem to realize this initially as well. Gen 1/AC1 would kick into passthrough mode but refused to engage charger consistently. Took a lot of time, but finally was informed that AC1 no longer supports generators.

I wish there was a way to load XW+ firmware onto XWPro, or such to make the XWPro off-grid friendly and rid of parameters related to grid tie.

Kevin