[RE-wrenches] Outback Radian Generator Charging

Amos Post integrityenergy101 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 12:23:03 PDT 2023

Hello wrenches,

We just installed an GS8048a Radian build with Mate 3SL controller (no Optics).  We are having some with charging from the generator, as the generator charging seems to be limited to about 4500Watts +/- (20amps AC) when charging through the Radian.  It is a Kohler 8.5RES generator and we have the AC input limit set to 30amps and the Gen input set to 30amps.  The house load is only about 200Watts when we are charging.  The system is at 2200ft of elevation, but I don’t know if that makes enough of a difference.
The Gen output voltage seems pretty good and holds around 234V-236V while charging.

Any thoughts as to why it may be limiting would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Amos

       Amos Post
   Integrity Energy