[RE-wrenches] Cleaning PV mods

Kent kent at coveoregon.com
Fri Oct 20 15:11:26 PDT 2023

Jason,

This is the way thermal shock was explained to me. Thermal shock creates
micro fractures in the glass. PV modules have tough tempered glass so
one thermal shock event, or a few dozen events, is unlikely to cause a
module to fracture; but eventually the glass gets to the last straw when
the micro fractures connect to each other and the whole pane breaks up.
You can't do much about sun showers but you can certainly avoid spraying
the hose on hot glass.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar