[RE-wrenches] XW Pro failures

John Blittersdorf john.blittersdorf at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 11:19:33 PDT 2023

I've only installed one and it is an ongoing nightmare.  Almost burned the
customers house down with exploding batteries.
Voltages all set properly but the unit ignored all settings and went up to
67 volts while I watched and who knows how high it would have gone if I had
not shut the system down. Luckily the owner of the spart time home has been
there when it needed to be shut down.
A grid tie system that has been off line most of its 10 year life.  First
time Schneider tech support said it must be wrong settings.  I had gone
over them many times and with another tech with me and there were no
incorrect settings.  After more than a year, they admitted that the
firmware was bad.  Wasted another whole day getting the firmware upgraded
and it worked for awhile and then did the same thing.  Worked OK the last
two years after replacing the batteries for the second time and then
suddenly it started using lots of water and is doing it again.  Not to
mention the AGS module not working with the firmware. A New module still
has same problem.  All wiring tested. I have seen XW's (not my install)
making loud noises and seeming to have issues but I wasn't going to touch
them  Told them to get the original installing company to check it out.

 I'm about to rip my problem child off the wall and put in a Radian. I've
installed dozens with only 2 needing any attention with power supply board
and a power module, all quick fixes.

John Blittersdorf

On Fri, Oct 13, 2023 at 12:12 PM jay via RE-wrenches <