[RE-wrenches] Well pump with Sol-Ark

James Jarvis jj at aprsworld.com
Wed Oct 11 11:22:04 PDT 2023

On Wed, Oct 11, 2023 at 1:14 PM Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar via RE-wrenches
<re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org> wrote:

> Even the SQ pump without the controller will soft start and should work with
> any inverter built for offgrid.
>
> The SQ pumps work great off grid. Easily run on 24 volt Magnum inverters
without even flickering the lights. Super reliable.

I would avoid residential size VFD driven constant pressure pumps. I ended
up with one at my current house. The VFDs go pretty regularly. My well
service company can swap out a VFD in about 20 minutes and they always have
a whole bunch of them on their shelves. They apparently do it quite a bit.

-James Jefferson Jarvis
APRS World, LLC
+1-507-454-2727
http://www.aprsworld.com/