[RE-wrenches] Propane range options for off-grid?

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 16:31:06 PDT 2023

I just returned from a remote off grid site in Northern Canada,  and all
their propane appliances are by Unique. They are pretty high quality and
they've had no problem getting parts for the range, fridge, chest freezers
etc on the rare occasions they were needed (damage from helicopter sling
load transport, mouse chewed CO sensor wire etc.)

I have a Premier Pro Series range at home and love it. I had no problems
getting replacement battery sparker cables from them, but that was aboot 5
years ago. (packrat damage).

I would steer clear of the cheap Hotpoint etc  ranges, poor build quality
and frequent problems, and infuriating trying to turn the burners down to
low simmer. Had a couple of them and finally upgraded to the Premier.