[RE-wrenches] Charger recommendations

Steve Higgins steve at surrette.com
Mon Sep 4 19:56:16 PDT 2023

Good Evening Wrenches...

Wow, they can get HOT!!!!

[image: image.png]

I don't know if I would mount this one near a battery bank of any type.

Also, these are not for lead...  Most Lead Acids need a higher voltage than
57 volts... You also have no control over how it terminates charging.

[image: image.png]
At 48 Volts, I suggest using Outback, Victron, Sunny Island, or Magnum
Inverter..  You may need to cascade them.

The Iota Charger is okay as you can control the (IQ4) voltage, but if the
battery is lead and already sulfated, you will have a hard time recovering
with an IOTA and an IQ4.   Without the IQ4 the voltage may be a bit too low
for some Lead-based batteries.

Hope this helps.

<http://www.rollsbattery.com>
Steve Higgins ⋅ Technical Services Manager
t +1.902.597.4020  m +1.206.790.5840
f +1.902.597.8447  e steve at surrette.com
<http://www.facebook.com/RollsBattery>
<https://www.youtube.com/user/RollsBattery>
<https://www.youtube.com/RollsBatteryEngineering>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/rolls-battery-engineering>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/rolls-battery-engineering>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/rolls-battery-engineering>
<http://www.instagram.com/RollsBattery>
<http://www.instagram.com/RollsBattery>
CONFIDENTIALITY: The information transmitted herein is intended only for
the addressee and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged
material. Any unauthorized review, distribution or other use of or the
taking of any action in reliance upon this information is prohibited. If
you receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete or
destroy this message and all copies.

On Mon, Sep 4, 2023 at 7:38 PM William Bryce via RE-wrenches <