[RE-wrenches] Charger recommendations

Kienan Maxfield maxfieldsolar at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 4 17:19:08 PDT 2023

I’m only familiar with two reputable brands that have this…

Victron has a 25A and a 50A. I’ve used the 50A and I’m super happy with it.

Iota has a 13 amp. It’s a lot less efficient than the Victron. The Victron is also more repairable if it ever has a problem down the line.

EG4 does have a 100A 48V charger that’s cheap if you want to take the risk.

I have found that when you are looking for high amperage 48 V charging, you can get an inverter/charger that gives you more charging amps for the same price. For example, I have an installer who used the Victron 15 kW inverter and it gave him 200A of charge current for a lot less cost vs installing 200A of battery chargers. You could use a 10 kW to get 140A of charge, or an 8 kW to get 110A.

I enjoy helping spec out this kind of stuff, let me know if you have any questions or if you’d like any help.

Thanks,
Kienan

Technical Sales and Technical Support

Green-Go Solar Wholesale Distribution