[RE-wrenches] Fronius USA available 2023 & 2024 ?

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar offgridsolar at sti.net
Fri Aug 25 08:27:05 PDT 2023

I think Fronius has left the building. The reason I know is they stopped
sending me AFCI repairs about 2 years ago. There was not any support
from their installers in remote places like the Sierra range.

I would second Tump on picking a good company with real money and
products. Below is a new one this fall.

https://shop.se.com/us/en/schneiderhome

Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar
"we go where powerlines don't"
    [4]https://offgridsolar1.com/ [5]  [4]
e-mail  offgridsolar at sti.net
text 209 813 0060

On 2023-08-25 3:55 am, Tump via RE-wrenches wrote:

> Mick, I would avoid trying to use a manufacture that has little NO
> support OR product availability.
> IF your using the Schnieder Pros, I would suggest you consider the
> 600/100 CC.  This product is more then capable of handling 7kW of
> input. They are available, compatible w/ their (Schnieder's) battery
> monitoring AND offer a system that is able to "talk" to itself.
> Off grid should be uniform in design so clients/caretakers and you,
> have little adding to confusion IF/when their is an issue.
> Lord knows Im not saying there won't be an issue w/ Schnieder's
> product, but we DO have a  product, tech support & other persons w/in
> the company we are able to call on.
> AC coupling, for off grid while we have Hi V CCs available is for me a
> thing of the past. My$0.02 worth  TUMP
>
>> On Aug 24, 2023, at 4:23 PM, Mick Abraham via RE-wrenches
>> <re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Mechanix~ I asked a Greentech location about quantity four Fronius
>> string inverter PRIMO 6.0-1. (6kW AC output, single phase 240 volt 60
>> hz) This p/n is in the Greentech portal but my particular branch
>> hasn't done much with Fronius. Today the branch manager told me
>> "Fronius no longer exists."
>>
>> Can any of you confirm or correct this report? I have an off-grid
>> opportunity for which I wish to AC couple some of the PV. If Fronius
>> USA has indeed "left the building", are there other string inverters
>> that can be selected for country code "off grid 60 hz"? I'd like for
>> the PV inverters to only curtail their output wattage if there's a
>> frequency shift from the grid forming inverter (frequency/watt).
>> Schneider XW Pro units would be forming the grid. Schneider has a
>> white paper # 990-6421 on AC coupling but this document is almost
>> three years old & no help at all in finding compatible PV inverters.
>> Rapid shutdown is not mandated for this gig & each array would be
>> evenly illuminated. IIRC, the List hasn't been highly enamored with
>> SolarEdge in recent years; is that still the consensus?
>>
>> Thanks as always; the Wrench List is the Bomb!
>>
>> Mick Abraham, Proprietor
>> www.abrahamsolar.com [1]
>>
>> Landline: 970-731-4675
>> Cell phone or for text messaging: 970-946-6584
>> ᐧ _______________________________________________
>> List sponsored by Redwood Alliance
>>
>> Pay optional member dues here: http://re-wrenches.org
>>
>> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

>> There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try
>> the other:
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org/
>>
>> List rules & etiquette:
>> http://www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>>
>> Check out or update participant bios:
>> http://www.members.re-wrenches.org
>
>> Tump [2]3391 at gmail.com       www.SWNL.net [3]
>>
>> Solarwinds Northernlights   _    _
>> _       Serving Mid Coast Maine & Northern California_
>> _                         207-832-7574   Cl. 610-517-8401
> [...]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.abrahamsolar.com/
[2]