[RE-wrenches] Wind machines

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 11:49:58 PDT 2023

Jay, as Roy mentioned, the small wind situation in the 1-2 kW range right
now is pretty grim - Tons of awful imported products with vastly inflated
"ratings" flooding the market on Amazon, Ebay and AliBaba. I was
particularly impressed (NOT) by a 900mm diameter VAWT that seems very
popular there....rated at 8000 watts! (face palm).

There's the Superwind 1250 out of Germany that looks legit:
https://www.superwind.com/superwind-1250/

The AirForce 1 out of the UK looks possibly legit, though with 1.8m rotor
they are counting on a cP of 0.33, which seems kinda high to me.
https://futurenergy.co.uk/feshop/airforce-1-wind-turbines/

I have no experience with actually flying these products however.

Good luck! Solar is cheap but boring!

Dan Fink
Owner, Buckville Energy Consulting LLC
IREC Certified Instructor for PV and Small Wind Installation
NABCEP Certified PV System Inspector
NABCEP PV Associate
d <dan.fink at greendustrialtraining.com>anbob88 at gmail.com
970-672-4342

On Thu, Aug 17, 2023 at 9:11 AM Jay via RE-wrenches <