[RE-wrenches] Maui wildfires fundraising

James Rudolph jamesrudolph99 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 19:09:44 PDT 2023

Aloha Kakou Wrenches,
Please see this link and info below.
These guys are installing microgrids to help get basic services back online
and even internet/facetime with Starlink. If you can help in any way it
would be greatly appreciated.
My apologies if this is off-topic, but if you spent any time on the islands
you know how special this place and its people are.

https://secure.givelively.org/donate/footprint-project/solar-microgrids-for-maui

Here is some info on this organization:

Footprint Project’s mission is to help build back greener after climate
disasters by mobilizing cleaner energy for communities in crisis. We are a
501(c)(3) non-profit disaster service organization that develops and
deploys solar generator networks to empower community resilience. We work
across the disaster management cycle to expand frontline access to cleaner
technologies and reduce fossil fuel use in the field. Since 2018, we’ve
mobilized solar microgrids to 20+ disaster response and recovery missions,
providing emergency power access to 25,000+ US citizens.

Photo Library
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aDiwnC-FdLImQCHhmps_3LW63kgQAXLM?usp=drive_link>
for
this response - photos will be added as we receive them from the field.
Scroll down for updates

Footprint Project's General Capabilities Statement
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/149upWpnH1VowhTHSFHesf-lC6K7GJa4t/view?usp=sharing>

solar microgrids for community charging hubs, lighting, wifi
communications, shelters, refrigeration, lighting, and other critical
energy needs. We are working with on-the-ground relief teams, local solar
installers, and microgrid industry leaders, to power up sites across the
affected area.

All funds will be used to cover equipment procurement, installation, and
maintenance costs.

RESPONSE PARTNERS:

Regenerative Education Centers, <https://www.recenters.org/> Direct Relief
<https://www.directrelief.org/>, ITDRC <https://www.itdrc.org/>, SmartAID
<https://www.smartaid.org/>, Empowered By Light
<https://www.empoweredbylight.org/>
INDUSTRY PARTNERS:

Hawaii Solar Energy Association <https://hsea.org/>, Sunrun
<https://www.sunrun.com/>, Rising Sun
<https://www.risingsunsolar.com/>, Schneider
Electric <https://www.se.com/us/en/>, LONGi
<https://www.longi.com/us/>, Greentech
Renewables <https://www.greentechrenewables.com/>, Elcco Electric
<https://elccoelectric.com/>, Simpliphi Power <https://simpliphipower.com/>
, Sol-Ark <https://www.sol-ark.com/>, DER Task Force
<https://dertaskforce.com/>

To join our coalition of response or industry partners, email
logistics at footprintproject.org

---

UPDATE 8/15/2023 - #Microgrids4Maui's first deployment was installed today
at community leader Archie Kalepa's home, which was saved from the
#mauifires thanks to valiant efforts from neighbors and firefighters. The
relief hub is collecting and distributing supplies and providing medical
services for the community. Local installers Rising Sun Solar and Sunrun
set up a palletized solar microgrid to help take the relief hub off gas
generators for the long haul towards recovery. Share on Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/p/Cv_MvmKu3KZ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==>

UPDATE 8/13/2023 - RisingSun has assembled five palletized solar microgrids
donated by Sunrun, and are prepping for deployment tomorrow.

UPDATE 8/12/2023 - We have committed $30,000 from our emergency fund to
cover rapid equipment procurements and logistics costs.

UPDATE 8/11/2023 - Requests for site power support have started to trickle
in. Meeting them quickly will be challenging.

UPDATE 8/10/2023 - We are mourning today. And calling every solar microgrid
supplier we know to see what's available close by.

Mahalo,

James B. Rudolph

Independent Energy

C-39784 ES #10816

NABCEP Certified PV Installer since 2009  #091209-155

C. 808.313.9701