[RE-wrenches] evacuated solar tubes

No Name spaceshipnelson1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 16:01:11 PDT 2023

Good day Wrenches (Joe Nelson here) Dan's correct, a Zinc Oxide layer of lube on the "bulb" will keep it from sieze-welding to the "socket". . I did mostly Apricus gear for Evac-tube installs, but any/every manufacturer I've seen uses some sort of anti-sieze for their heat-pipes. . I could not find Apricus' product on their website. .Loctite does make a high temp version (LB 8036) that looks perfectly appropriate, but you'd want your manufacturer blessing if possible.