[RE-wrenches] Parallel Homegrid Stack'd Busbar

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Thu Jun 29 05:45:23 PDT 2023

I was thinking the Midnite combiner, but it's a very big product for what
we're trying to accomplish. I was hoping Polaris type tap connectors might
be able to do it. I think this application is going to require a somewhere
around 800A calculated minimum circuit ampacity. I'm not quite certain how
to calculate the required ampacity properly for this bus. Either way, I
would need to find a connector that accepts fine stranded cable. Such an
animal might not exist in the required ampacity. The Ilsco PBTS line
accepts find stranded cable, and if you stagger inputs and outputs it is my
understanding that the ampacity allowance is additive. The 600 MCM 4-port
connectors might have the required ampacity. Maybe I'm dreaming and a
Polaris-type connector isn't an easy way out.

Alternatively, I was thinking of a Blue Sea 1000A busbar mounted in a
trough or junction box.

Jason Szumlanski
Principal Solar Designer | Florida Solar Design Group
NABCEP Certified Solar Professional (PVIP)
Florida State Certified Solar Contractor CVC56956