[RE-wrenches] 2018 Residential Code Fire Setbacks

Blake Gleason blake at sunlightandpower.com
Wed Jun 7 13:26:50 PDT 2023

18" setback at the ridge, assuming <33%.  Doesn't matter what's on the
other side of the ridge.

For hips (not ridges), we are usually allowed to take advantage of the
"other side" as long as there is a 36" path in total (eg, 6" on one side of
the hip, and 30" on the other side).

Blake

On Wed, Jun 7, 2023, 12:02 PM rick--- via RE-wrenches <