[RE-wrenches] Bonding Metal Roofs Part II

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Tue Jun 6 07:23:20 PDT 2023

I'm watching this thread with interest. Is anyone aware of any serious
injury or property damage caused by an energized metal roof, and if so,
what were the circumstances? Is bonding metal roofs a solution looking for
a problem?

many areas of Florida where the cost can be 50% higher or more to ground
mount if it's even practical due to flood level. Tile and shingle roofs in
Southwest Florida are being switched to metal at shocking rates in the wake
of Hurricane Ian, and we love it from an installer's standpoint.
Fortunately, I haven't run into any bonding inspection issues for over 10
years here.

Jason Szumlanski
Principal Solar Designer | Florida Solar Design Group
NABCEP Certified Solar Professional (PVIP)
Florida State Certified Solar Contractor CVC56956

On Mon, Jun 5, 2023 at 8:28 PM Dave Angelini Offgrid Solar via RE-wrenches <