[RE-wrenches] Battery balancers

Starlight larry at starlightsolar.com
Mon May 15 15:12:41 PDT 2023

Jay,

I started recommending the Victron battery balancer for all series and series/parallel Li battery banks. It has eliminated trouble in some problematic systems. If you reach a cell over-voltage in the Kilovault BMS, it will block current flow, preventing the other series batteries from charging. This also causes havoc with connected equipment as the battery appears to have disconnected.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Power Systems