[RE-wrenches] Metering

Glenn Burt Glenn.burt at glbcc.com
Thu May 11 13:52:10 PDT 2023

If they dont need revenue grade measurements, I recommend the Sense monitoring unit.I have had one in my house for years and it is inexpensive and gives me at a glance status on their website amd their mobile app.Clip on a couple of CT's, install a breaker for power and connect it to their WiFi.-GlennSent from my 'smart'phone, so please excuse typos and spelling errors.------ Original message------From: Larry Brown via RE-wrenchesDate: Thu, May 11, 2023 4:21 PMTo: re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org;Cc: Larry Brown;Subject:[RE-wrenches] MeteringDoes anyone have a recommendation for a high quality meter that can be installed near the Main 200 Amp Electric Service Panel at the Point Of Interconnection in the Main Service Panel for a Grid Tied System

The client wants to be able to track the electricity the household is actually using
And how much the solar electric system is producing

In the net metering arrangement with Central Hudson in NY, all the client gets to see on their bill is
 the net result of the solar credits subtracted from the actual usage. In this case, the solar generated credits is consistently zero because the usage exceeds the production

Thanks

Larry Brown
Sun Mountain

List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org