[RE-wrenches] problem using Radian on TOU metering

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Tue May 2 12:38:19 PDT 2023

Darryl:

Here are a few suggestions:

1.   Don’t move to California.  Those rates are unheard of here for many
years.

2.      Grid-zero.  From the manual:  In *GridZero *mode, the Radian
inverter remains grid-connected, but prioritizes the use of battery or
renewable sources to run loads.

3.   Mini-grid. From the manual: In Mini Grid mode, the Radian inverter
automatically rejects an AC source and runs solely from battery (and
renewable) energy. The inverter only connects to the AC source (usually the
utility grid) when the batteries run too low.  While connected to the
utility grid, the inverter’s charger can be set either On or Off.

4.   HBX mode.  From the manual:  In High Battery Transfer (HBX) mode, the
system is connected to an AC source such as the utility grid; however, it
will use battery power as the fi rst priority. The AC source is locked out
until needed.

5.   Grid use time:  From the manual:  This function allows the system to
connect to (use) the utility grid and disconnect from (drop) it on a
schedule.

6.   Grid-tie:  Sell back and reduce the energy bill.

I will leave it to you to delve into these options and see if the work for
your application.  Some functions can be mixed, some cannot.

I hope this helps.

William Miller

Miller Solar

17395 Oak Road, Atascadero, CA 93422