[RE-wrenches] Truss finder

Daniel Young danny at sesre.com
Mon Apr 17 07:04:51 PDT 2023

Can echo this, I did a fresh look into this last year and still have not found anything better than a hammer and feeler tool.

We are considering going to a deck direct attachment like rooftech as well, which makes rafter locations less critical. We intend to still have crews find the rafter and place the attachments on the rafter as best they can without drilling holes. As the attachments still prefer to be located on a rafter to maximize snow load bearing capacity. Nice thing about the Rooftech is that if you miss the rafter location with the center holes, it’s entirely likely you will hit it with the side screws. In either case you are still sitting above the rafter and can expect to bear significant weight there instead of relying on the OSB/Plywood decking.

--

Danny Young
NABCEP PV Installation Professional #031508-90