[RE-wrenches] HomeGrid Battery Experience

Howie Michaelson Howie.Michaelson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 14:03:08 PDT 2023

Hi All,
I am looking to upgrade an offgrid client's battery bank from 2-volt Rolls
KS17s to LiFePO4 batteries.  I'm basically looking at one Fortress eVault
Max cabinet vs. a HomeGrid 4 stack option.  I have used the eVault Maxs
before, and generally like them.  The 2 options are relatively equivalent
cost and size.  The advantage of the eVault is that I've used them with
good success several times, and they have a better listed warranty (6,000
cycles vs. 4,000, slightly more favorable end of life capacity retention).
The reason I am considering the HomeGrid is because the promise of more
incremental increases if that becomes a need (4.8 kWh blocks vs. 18.5 kWh)
and the promised ease of adding up to another 4 blocks with apparently
little or no effort compared to the need for a whole other large battery
connection.  These will be matched up to an existing Sol-Ark 12k inverter.
If anyone has any experience with the HomeGrid (positive or negative), or
experience with both brands, I'd love to hear any feedback.  I hate
installing equipment I haven't used before! 😕
Thanks,
Howie

*Howie Michaelson**Sun Catcher*

*NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™*

*Solar Electric Systems Sales & Service802-272-0004*