[RE-wrenches] Fronius Primo 3.8 with state 573 error code

greg egan greg at remotepowerinc.com
Wed Apr 5 14:57:29 PDT 2023

Bill, I've been in touch with Fronius on this.  It is listed as a "low
temp" error code.  I got sick and the inverter/system is generating
power as it should now so I'm just now following up.

The Primo 3.8 has been running for 5 years and I'm sure has seen some
cold temps but it was ~ 0F the day I was out there and saw the STATE 573
error code.  I've been in touch with Fronius Tech support.  When they
get back with me with an explanation I'll post it here.  The Primo is
rated to run at -40F.  Fairbanks used to see -40 in low lying areas a
few weeks a year (in the 70's) but seldom these days.  This install is
in the hills.  They usually are 10+ degrees warmer than town. Anyway,
they _could have_ experienced -40 a time or 2 in the last 5 years but
not this year for sure.

No reason it shouldn't run at -40 imo.  That's why I read the spec
sheets before installing inverters outdoors.

Thanks, Greg

Greg,

             My Fronius manual goes up to a code 517 but no "higher".  I
assume you're talking about an "IG".  The last Ph # I used for them was
810-220-4414.

Bill

Feather River Solar Electric
Bill Battagin, Owner