[RE-wrenches] replace part of rolls battery bank

Daniel Young danny at sesre.com
Tue Apr 4 13:45:44 PDT 2023

Thanks all for the advice. I figured it was not worth trying on a different battery brand. I honestly needed to be able to tell them I researched it and asked my peers.

The client really uses the 3 x strings they have and did not really want to go down to 3. They are currently choosing to get the two Rolls under the prorated warranty, and hopes to get another 2 useful years out of the bank before planning to replace.

Already prepared him on the cost of the equivalent Li+ at todays prices. So he knows roughly where he is heading.

Side note: I am in the camp of trying for 2 x strings when possible (agree that 3 x strings is the absolute limit, and not the best option), simply because if a single cell goes bad, I don’t want a client with essentially nothing available until we can get a replacement and get on site. With 2 strings, they can make due at least. That’ll go out the window with Lithium though. Looking at Fortress Power for the next battery bank for this client. But we will see what changes in the market by the time it’s needed.

With Regards,
--

Danny Young
NABCEP PV Installation Professional #031508-90