[RE-wrenches] Phased out Schneider Electric SCP

Glenn Burt Glenn.burt at glbcc.com
Tue Apr 4 09:49:55 PDT 2023

The setup I described is dedicated to the system only, only requires a login once and it on all the time.-GlennSent from my 'smart'phone, so please excuse typos and spelling errors.------ Original message------From: Michael Morningstar via RE-wrenchesDate: Tue, Apr 4, 2023 11:31 AMTo: RE-wrenches;Cc: Michael Morningstar;Subject:Re: [RE-wrenches] Phased out Schneider Electric SCPYah, What the heck? The XW Pro/Discover AES pairing makes up 2/3s of our installs. Right now I have a client who's Insight Home is glitching and drops out his smartphone connection. Without the SCP He'd be in the dark. I just purchased an SCP off of Ebay for 700.00 for a system we are building for a retiree who uses a flip-phone and doesn't use the internet. Him having to login in to Insight on a tablet every time he wants to see SOC would be laughable.On Tue, Apr 4, 2023 at 4:22 AM Chris Sparadeo via RE-wrenches <re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org> wrote:I don’t like the idea of a system being dependent on the
 functionality of the insight home/facility or the battery life of a smart device / AC output of the inverter to be able to change settings. As limited as the SCP is, I think it serves a very important function in system operation. I’m all for removing unnecessary components, but don’t paint the windshield black. Schneider should offer a Xanbus tablet if this is the route they want to go. On Mon, Apr 3, 2023 at 10:29 PM Maverick Brown via RE-wrenches <re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org> wrote:The key word there is Cobbled. The off grid or grid interactive (battery backup in case of grid down) world really needs to rely on a smart phone?Why couldn’t Schnieder go the extra step and put a display “with enough memory” to support legacy and XW Pro equipment on the Insight product family. I.E. Cerbo GX with display from Victron. Schneider has all these cheap Chinese all in one product competition with display screens built in and some other products like the most excellent  Outback Radian
 that has yet to delete the Simple Man’s display. I understand the potential semiconductor shortage. I just hope Schneider can balance their approach. Thank you,MaverickOn Apr 3, 2023, at 9:15 PM, Glenn Burt via RE-wrenches <re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org> wrote:

    Eric Benstennof SE demoed a pretty slick replacement that he cobbled together from off the shelf parts using a small tablet.I saw it in Jan at an Alt-E installer conference.I think I might have the details somewhere in my files, but it is basically an inexpensive android tablet, a USB charging wart usingneither WiFi or a USB type c Ethernet and power adaptwr and a wall mount for the tablet-GlennSent from my 'smart'phone, so please excuse typos and spelling errors.------ Original message------From: Mac Lewis via
 RE-wrenchesDate: Mon, Apr 3, 2023 7:31 PMTo: RE-wrenches;Cc: Mac Lewis;Subject:[RE-wrenches] Phased out Schneider Electric SCPHello Wrenches,Now that Schneider has phased out SCP, what are the options
 for a GUI onsite for non-savvy consumers?Thanks!-- Mac Lewis"Yo solo sé que no sé nada." -Sócrates

_______________________________________________List sponsored by Redwood AlliancePay optional member dues here: http://re-wrenches.orgList Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.orgChange listserver email address & settings:http://lists.re-wrenches.org/options.cgi/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.orgThere are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try the other:https://www.mail-archive.com/re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org/http://lists.re-wrenches.org/pipermail/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.orgList rules & etiquette:http://www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htmCheck out or update participant bios:http://www.members.re-wrenches.org_______________________________________________