[RE-wrenches] Attaching Array To or Through Ply

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Wed Mar 29 11:46:42 PDT 2023

We've found that in the Bay Area that deck-mount solutions typically pencil
out structurally (via a structural professional engineer) as long as the
deck is 1/2" plywood or thicker, assuming we have all the info on how the
roof is constructed. The big assumption is that we can get all that roof
construction info, which can be difficult for existing structures.

We haven't taken the plunge yet on the flahingless deck mount products like
the Sunmodo Nanomount or Unirac Flashloc Duo. I do think that they offer
several significant advantages including not needing to find rafters, thus
virtually eliminating missed pilot holes, and not disturbing the comp
shingle by eliminating prying up the courses to insert the flashing.

August
Luminalt

On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 11:34 AM Solar Energy Solutions via RE-wrenches <