[RE-wrenches] Small 48V wind turbine recommendations

John Blittersdorf john.blittersdorf at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 11:11:20 PDT 2023

Kirpal,
  Since Bergey stopped making the XL.1 I have been looking as well.
In the affordable range I can
only find a few Chinese models and tried a rated 1000 watt Tumo.  It
was well built but with a small rotor diameter I was
not expecting much from it.  It managed to put out 550 watts in a 35
mph wind and eventually blew off some blades and then left the tower.
It landed in tact but I'm debating trying to get blades and hub from
China or just wait for something better.  The same company puts out a
2000 watt which I call a possible 1000 watt.  My customer has bought
one from China for around $2000 and we are in the process of
installing it.  Check back with me in a few months and I can let you
know how it goes.

I'm still hoping the PIKA 1.6 kw turbine will somehow get back in
production. They work great and the two in my area are still working
fine after many years.

JohnBlittersdorf
CV Wind Service

John Blittersdorf