[RE-wrenches] Cell phone based relay control

Michael Morningstar mjmorningstar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 19:32:54 PDT 2023

Sure thing. Todd Cory turned me on to this. Thanks Todd!

chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/
https://www.7thgenerationdesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/fire-WEEDS.pdf

I spaced sprayers 3' from corners, and then every 8'

My hydro penstock feeds 10K gallons of buried concrete cisterns that sit
400' above my home. They supply the WEEDS system. When the system is
activated, it uses about 30GPM. I also have a diesel water pump that drafts
off of a year round creek that will "backfeed" the water supply. It is
activated by a WebRelay also. Each year I invite our local wildland fire
crews up and get them familiarized with the system (It can be manually
actuated) and the locations of two other steel 10K tanks w/ hose reels,
situated by our shops. I also have cell phone surveillance cameras, one on
a mountain above us that is dialed into our drainage, and one looking out
the rear door, where a fire would be coming from. This is so that if I'm
out in the field and a fire takes off, either myself, family, friends, or
neighbors that get notice of a fire can take a look at the camera feeds and
start the system if need be.

It's a sight to behold. The entire house is enveloped in a vertical wall of
water.

I'm including a picture showing the line circling the eaves. Not shown, are
the 6" brass nipples w/ shrub heads which I was reinstalling last Spring. I
remove them each fall so snow doesn't tear them off.

Pro tip: There are only two manufacturers of brass shrub sprayers that
offer a flat 360 pattern. Arrow and Orbit. The Orbit's are garbage.
[image: sprinkler Small.jpeg]

On Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 6:37 PM Ray Walters via RE-wrenches <

mjmorningstar at gmail.com